My daughter-in-law and I were talking a few nights ago about how different the house looks with the new front porch and how, from some angles, it looks like the house is done and she asked me, "What else do you have to do before winter?"
So I made a list. (In no particular order.)
1. Ceiling, trim pieces, and spandrel on the front porch.
2. Finish painting front porch.
3. Install guttering above the front porch.
4. Build railing and steps on the side porch.
5. Scrape, prime, and paint the last section of the east side of the house.
6. Rattle-can the wicker furniture.
7. Weatherstrip the back door.
8. Put Feed-n-Wax on the front door.
9. Paint all the bits of the house that I've forgotten to paint.
Sarah looked at me like I'm not quite bright and said, "Before the snow flies? Sheesh!"
I said, "Obviously I'm gonna have to get up early and work late."
Sarah laughed and said, "Really early and get a floodlight!"
So now I'm thinking that items 1, 2, and 8 could be done by floodlight...or at least porch light.
I'm posting the list here for accountability purposes. We'll see.