Put a third coat of paint on the foyer side of the door.
- Patch & paint the parlor side of that same door.*
- Finish painting the trim in the parlor.
Tear up the last little strip of carpet in there. Scrape up the glued-down carpet pad.
- Patch & paint the parlor side of the parlor/bedroom door.*
- Cleaned out the big closet on the back porch.
- Hung a shelf up in that closet.
- Tore up tack strip in the two parlors. (Some, not all.)
- Painted some trim in both parlors.
- Made cinnamon rolls from scratch.
- Moved the clothes rod in the parlor closet.**
- Dragged a wicker table destined for the trash back into my bedroom to use as a tv stand.
- Moved all my clothes out of the teeny closet in my bedroom and into the big closet in the parlor.
- Pushed my nightstand (which was doing duty as a tv stand) in front of the bedroom closet.***
- Put together a shoe rack.
- Hung up a set of 11 pictures in the second parlor.
- Had movie night with the kitties and the doggie after the staple incident.
*I'll probably at least patch the doors before I go to bed tonight--er, in the morning.
**I figured out that the problem with the parlor closet is not that the closet is too shallow, it's that the clothes rod was installed too close to the back wall. I moved it forward and now I have a great big closet to use. For now. Unless and until I decide to put back the doors to the side porch.
***I have six--yes, six--doors in my bedroom, so wall space is at a premium. Ever since I moved into this bedroom, I've been without a nightstand because the bed is flanked by the kitchen door and the closet door with about 2 inches to spare on either side. (By the way, the other four doors lead to: the bathroom, the spare bedroom, the side porch, and the second parlor.)
As usual, I'm totally incapable of sticking to a plan.