Thursday, October 1, 2009

Derelict Property

Check out this derelict property in my neighborhood.  Some people just have no sense of pride.  They just stack used lumber all over the place, have trash bags laying around the yard, and put furniture outdoors.  Just look at those shingles falling off the house, and the paint flaking around that window.  What's the deal with that washtub full of dirt over there?  And that ladder's been leaning up against the back of the house for at least two weeks with no visible progress.  It's terrible.  It just shouldn't be allowed in a historic neighborhood.


Hey, wait a minute....that's my back yard!  Oh well, at least the shed's gone...

6 comments:

  1. I was reading along and starting to guilt out, OMG, I have bags of non-compostable yard trimings accumulating in a heap along with rolls of wall to wall carpeting and underlayment I am slowly tearing up, all waiting for the pile to get big enough to call the trash guy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen Anne, if you look real close, behind the ShopVac box is a brush pile. At the bottom of the brush pile is a roll of carpet. I recently discovered that our trash company will pick up one "large item" per week. I'm gonna dole this junk out slowly. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ladder, rake, broom, paint cans and gloves are signs that some progress is about to be made. I drive by houses in our town that look worse than that and they have no intentions of fixing things up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, the shed's gone. That's definite progress! Now you CAN get to the back of the house.

    Milah's right. In our neighborhood alone, I can think of a half dozen places with four times the junk you've described who have no intention of ever moving it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I look at the photo I think "Oh look at that pretty stained glass window." It's amazing what I can tune out now days. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine, That window was one of a pile of windows in the basement of a local antique store. Fifty bucks, your choice. I love it.

    ReplyDelete