Saturday, August 22, 2009

Score!

When the sale bill for today's auction was posted on the Courthouse bulletin board earlier this week, there was only one thing I really wanted: a little antique washstand. Since I was sleeping today, my mom went to the auction and bid on it for me. "I really want it," I said, "but I don't want to pay a whole lot for it." So when she called me this afternoon, sounding a little worried, and said she won it but it wouldn't fit in her car and then said, "Gosh, I hope I didn't pay too much for it..." that made me a little worried, too. The auctioneers were packing up for the day by the time I got there, but one of them carried the washstand out to my car for me. So I asked him, "How much did it go for, Ron?"



"Seven dollars and a half," he drawled.
Score!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Talk about a score, it's so pretty!

    I have several of the pictures and basins, but not the wash stand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stand, the wash bowl and pitcher and am glad to see it has the kitteh stamp of approval!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Score, indeed! Your mom and the mother have a lot in common in the world of getting bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously? Um, can I hire your mother to go to auctions for me?

    ReplyDelete