Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Un-Done

Okay, okay, clamoring readers (all three or four of you) I have some photos. Maybe not exactly what you were hoping for, though. As y'all who have been reading this for a while know, my little mind sometimes works in strange ways, so I took photos of what I haven't completed rather than what I have. The List of the Un-Done, once again:

The front of the house above the parlor bump-out....and the new porch without brackets....
The area above the dining room bay, one of the nine un-done windows, and two more windows way in the back....
The screen porch frames that are still bare wood...and the front of the house under the porch roof that's white....and two more unpainted windows....(and inside the screened-in porch, two kitties who'd rather be play-fighting in the yard) The tall part of the east side, which Floyd thinks will take me four hours to paint completely....once I borrow his ladder, that is....and another window....


Last but not least, the little side porch. Note the mud-dawber nests on the wall next to the yellow wall....and the holes for the stovepipe and the dryer vent...and the seventh of nine unpainted windows....
But what's this?! Why, it's a close-up photo of the finished front windows! Both eyes now have mascara! The black muntins and stained glass panes show up lots better with the long sheers, too. Thanks, everyone, for the idea.
And there you have it, the complete list of The Un-Done, to be followed shortly by more photos of The Done.

7 comments:

  1. Jayne, It looks so good! I noticed the first pic is next the the 2006 pic on your sidebar, wow, what a transformation!
    The windows look awesome, that was a good decision. And that side porch is adorable, I can't wait to see it completed.
    Good luck on that ladder. It's too bad you don't have scaffolding.
    Can't wait for the big reveal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is so super. I knew it was great before, but I hadn't noticed some of the terrific detail before.

    (I was looking at a loose shingle up on the second floor of my house and thinking, okay, work up your nerve, get out the giant ladder, and then I realized, duh, I can reach it from a window :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking fantastic! It's really funny to have photos of what's NOT completed yet. Good luck on that ladder, I know heights are your favorite ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really are getting close and it's looking fantastic! Hard to believe the transformation already from where you started. Talk about a diamond in the rough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In a word: AWESOME! Yay, you for soldiering on in spite of all the crazy weather and schedule changes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looove how the colored glass pops with the white sheers and the dark trim. If you've got it, flaunt it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it looks just marvelous.

    It inspires me to think of the transformation that our house will have it I ever start painting it.

    ReplyDelete