Monday, June 22, 2009

Slogging Through

Work...and more work...and none of it work on the house.

This is the long-awaited (and dreaded) Training Month at work. Six days off for the entire month. The usual 12-hour night shifts, then a day off, then 8-hour day shifts. I am not a morning person. But I am not complaining—at least I have a job. In this economy, there are plenty of folks who don't. So I won't complain about the job, but...Allow me to vent just a bit.

I am slogging through this month wishing for it to be over so that I can get some work done on the house. Between the crazy work schedule and the rain, I last put paint on it nearly four weeks ago. It's been almost two weeks since I put up a strip of wallpaper in the kitchen. Two of the cats ran from me yesterday when I got home, I think because they didn't recognize me at first. Only once since we built the porch have I been able to sit out there. Peaches just appeared in the local farmer's markets and I haven't yet eaten a single one. I bought a new medicine cabinet and light bar for my bathroom (after the old light bar detached from the wall somehow and now doesn't work) and they're still in their boxes. Sigh....

Eight more days....just eight more days....

4 comments:

  1. You're alive?! Just working?! Uh oh, I'd better go call that Without A Trace producer back and tell him nevermind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh! With all the changes you're adjusting to, I'm stunned that you even THINK about the house. Hang in there, girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo... peaches? :( The bud froze off of most of the peach trees here. I'm sad there will be no Palisade peaches. NO peach can compare to a peach that is less than 3 days off of the tree and carted less than 200 miles.

    Hope you survive the long month!

    ReplyDelete