Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Another Thursday rolls around again, and with it my list of things for which to be thankful.

1. Finding my USB cable. Although I haven't found the time to blog in the past week, I did manage to find my USB cable. Under the bed. No doubt it was dragged there by one of the kitties. Unfortunately, I didn't find it in enough time to upload photos before I went to work. Maybe tomorrow.

2. My bestie Sharon. "Bestie" is a word I picked up from 15-year-old Megs and her friends, and it's what they use to describe their best best friends. Sharon's been my bestie since we were little kids. The past couple of weeks she's watched me ping crazily around my life like a pinball (for one reason or another) and Sunday morning on the phone she whispered, "Let's run away." So we did. Three days in St. Louis with no wedding-related phone calls, no house paint, no cats, no kitchen remodeling....and all the sleep, room service meals, late-night giggling and pomegranate martinis we could handle....ahhhhh. (Oh, and if you get the chance to pet the stingrays at the St. Louis Zoo, do it.)

3. Rachael Ray's Super-Stuffed Monte Cristo sandwich. Since my friend Sean passed away, I haven't wanted to cook. (Sean was a chef. I'm sure this is some weird manifestation of grief.) This sandwich is more assembly than cooking, and so it's what I fix myself when I can't face another frozen dinner. The combination of ingredients is odd, but delicious. Trust me on this one.

4. The way my Facebook wall becomes a chat room. I post some innocuous status and it sparks a conversation, reminds someone of song lyrics, starts a new friendship, and begins a friendly debate. Seventy-four is the current high-water mark of comments to one status update. I have no doubt that record will be broken soon. That open interaction among people from different eras of my life, of wide-ranging experiences and ages, is the best part of Facebook.

5. The pure, blissful potential of a new romance. Sigh.... Y'all know that feeling. Wow. Need I say more?

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like a lot of goodness going on. No wonder you haven't had time to blog.:-)

    Good to know you get to my neck of the woods occasionally though. The zoo IS a wonderful place. And FREE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found your cable. If I had known you were going to the zoo, I would have asked you to pet the stingrays for me. Such a cool thing to be able to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stingrays at the zoo WERE fabulous!!! Let's run away again.

    ReplyDelete