Monday, May 4, 2009

Hidden Picture Games

Remember those hidden picture games in Highlights magazine? I loved to play those as a kid. Heck, I love to play 'em now. Some things you never outgrow.

But it wasn't until I uploaded these photos that I realized they look a lot like those hidden picture games. We'll start with an easy one.

See the row of daylilies I planted along the side of the house today?


Now for a little bit harder one.

See the rosebush in this picture?

It's a Mother's Day present from my mom, and it's a climber called Joseph's Coat. It doesn't look like much now, but I have big plans for it. The black thing in the background is part of an arch trellis over the gate opening in the fence.


And now for the Challenger Round....

See the dogwood tree in this photo?
Look hard. I know it's difficult to see with the weeds and tall grass all around it, but that's it in the center of the photo. I have high hopes for this little tree as well.
Floyd planted it for me last week.
I'm hoping with careful tending and some work (and a little grass seed in the scrubby barren parts) that pretty soon my yard will look halfway decent. Like everything else around here, it's a work in progress.

5 comments:

  1. I have that same rose. You will love it. The roses are different shades of pink, orange, and yellow. It's quite hardy, too. But so far in 3 years mine has only grown to about 3 feet.

    Your house is looking great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rose will be gorgeous!

    Life is a work in progress. It's all about putting one foot in front of the other. The key is to enjoy yourself along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those hidden picture games. I still get mad when I pick one up at the dentist and see where some kid has already circled everything. LOL!

    Here is the best gardening advice I received when I started my landscaping.

    First year they weep.
    Second year they creep.
    And third year they leap!

    My pflox and daylillies are only two years old. I can't wait to see what next year brings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lot will be blooming this year. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice screened-in porch! I can't wait for pictures of the flowers blooming.

    ReplyDelete