Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Everybody's Happy

Remember last post when I showed y'all the mysterious man walking in my side yard?  I know y'all have just been on pins and needles ever since wondering what the heck he was doing there. 
 
Well, he was putting up ladders there.  And on the other side too.


And in the front yard, as well.


He's going to paint all three of the eaves.  Yep, for the first time ever I'm hiring someone to do something I could do myself.  Because I could do it myself...but I don't want to.  My fear of heights is well-documented.  The thought of dragging heavy ladders all over the yard and struggling to place them just right fills me with loathing.  So Chris is going to do it, and for a great price.  He makes a little money, I get out of doing a chore I don't want to do, and everybody's happy.

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you are breaking the 'hire someone to do it' barrier. It's a big accomplishment in DIY, to decide when and when not to do whatever-it-is yourself. The satisfaction of crossing this job that you dreaded off the To Do list more than offsets the momentary pain in the checkbook.

    I don't like ladders either. I will do them if necessary, but I will probably never be comfortable on one. Painters and firemen ... I think they have squirrel tree-climbing genes in their DNA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it exactly--the satisfaction of having it done (and far sooner than I could by myself!) more than makes up for the price.

      Delete
  2. I hired lawn guys to trim (whack) back two incredibly overgrown shrubs in my yard. It would have taken me days to do that, not to mention being on crutches :-) And the end of last summer I had them clean up the large vegetable garden. Amazing what it feels like to wave a magic wand and some big project get done instantly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hired someone to clean up my yard this spring, too. Should've gotten an estimate first because it cost more than I thought it would, but I did like the "magic wand effect"! :)

      Delete
  3. Amen to that. I am really loving how the paint color is making the stained glass pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The windows do look really good in that photo, and that's a straight-out-of-camera shot, no filter. I need to find a piece of replacement stained glass for that one pane that's clear.

      Delete
  4. Sometimes you just have to pull the trigger on hiring something done. It makes sense to hire out some projects since we have to contend with winter down time. There's only so many workable days when it rains and snows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter down time, rain, snow, working overtime....it's a wonder I get anything done! lol

      Delete
  5. Good for you, Jayne! I worried about you attempting those eaves! House looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lottie. I was worried about it too.

      Delete