Friday, November 14, 2014

Hey, Winter!

Hey, Winter!   

Yeah, you, dressed all in gray and lurking around the neighborhood.  It's no secret that I really don't like you.  You're that visitor who shows up too early and stays too late and tells the same boring stories over and over:  cold, snow, ice, blah blah blah.  And you're a bully, too.  Every year you and your sister Spring get into big arguments over who's gonna stay and who has to go, and I'm always really glad when Spring kicks your butt and sends you packing.  She's stronger than your sister Autumn.  Poor Autumn.  We all love her so much, and she was doing really well this year.  The best part of her visit was when she let the Royals play in the World Series.  And then you had to come along and ruin everything.  You just ran in and shoved Autumn over, and now I think she's gone.  I hope she's just having a little visit with Summer.  Summer, as you know, is my favorite of all of you (jealous, aren't you?) and she was absolutely wonderful this year.  She stayed a little longer than usual and wasn't as hot-tempered as she sometimes is.  I hope she's telling Autumn to stand right up to you.  But in case she isn't, or just supposing that Autumn is as timid as I think she is, I've got something to say to you, Winter:  Beat it.  You'll have your turn soon enough, you little tyrant. Move over and let Autumn do her thing a bit longer, so I can do mine.  You heard me telling everybody that I wanted to get the outside of the house done before you got here, and you just couldn't stand to see me happy, so you sneaked in here one day when Autumn was at her finest and sent her away.  And I'm mad about it.  I don't like you anyway, but that was low, even for you.  So go on, get outta here.  I mean it.  Scram!

9 comments:

  1. I'm just sitting here with yard projects not finished :-) At least I hired some stuff out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My yard is covered in leaves and pecans. lol

      Delete
  2. This made my morning, thanks... I'm in such denial I mowed the lawn in the snow yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To paraphrase Dylan Thomas: "Rage, rage against the dying of the summer..."

      Delete
  3. I feel your pain. I gave up on outside stuff.

    Last night I heard that we have 5 more weeks of autumn before winter OFFICIALLY begins. Seems like winter arrives early and leaves late like a bad party guest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does seem like winter comes early and stays late! My son delights in being the bearer of bad news and keeps reading weather entries from the almanac to me. Sounds like we're in for a bad winter.

      Delete
    2. It sure does seem like winter comes early and stays late! My son delights in being the bearer of bad news and keeps reading weather entries from the almanac to me. Sounds like we're in for a bad winter.

      Delete
  4. i can feel your feelings its too hard .
    like this link.http://www.overheadgaragedoor.net/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete