Thursday, October 2, 2014

Eleventy Billion

This is the last big part of the house that still needs to be scraped and painted.


(I'm asking myself again why, WHY, did I leave this huge part for last??)  

I think about a lot of things while I'm out there scraping paint:  baseball (Royals in the postseason for the first time since 1985!), what's for supper, trying to remember whether Louis Cat is inside or outside...but lately I've been thinking about how many times I've run the scraper along the clapboards of this house.  I don't mean how many days I've done it; I mean, how many times have I made that scythe motion back and forth, back and forth?


Eleventy billion, I reckon.  More or less.  Almost there.

10 comments:

  1. Look at that ... you're SO close. Looks totally fantastic. (I've often wondered something close to the same thing, as I scrape and strip moldings or walls. "I wonder how many miles this scraper has gone while I've been using it?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad they don't track service hours for scrapers like they do for engines--I bet the number would astound us!

      Delete
  2. You will "KNOCK THIS OUT OF THE PARK" during 2014. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Good one! Thanks, I hope so.

      Delete
  3. What an accomplishment, though. This, the amazing porch, everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good. I'm getting ready to start scraping the back of the barn so we can move the bee hive back there. I'm hoping my paint comes off easy. Luckily most of it is blistered and falling off already.

    Looking forward to seeing all your after photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bee hive...oh, I wish I had a bee hive. Maybe that's a project for next year. Good luck on your barn!

      Delete
  5. "Eleventy-billion" is a term that comes up a lot when you own an old home. It's a real number, honest. At least, it sure feels that way. Hope you get plenty of beautiful fall weather down your way for as long as you need it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS a real number, Laura! Now if it would just stop raining...

      Delete