Thursday, August 28, 2014

Meet Pat

Do you know what this is?
It's not just a pile of lumber.  It's pure potential.

Pure potential that soon became ceiling joists.

Ceiling joists that had angled ends, because they'll eventually be part of the slope of the little mansard roof on the front porch.

Meet Pat.  Pat Tern.
Pat is a great little gal.  She's the Dolly the Clone Sheep of lumber.  Pat is the first, the original, of what Marion described as "somewhere between a gob and a shitload" of small pieces of lumber that also help to make the slope of the mansard roof. Here's Pat hard at work:

And here are Pat's clones nailed into place at the ends of the ceiling joists:
(And a hammer that I left hanging on the header joist.  It's still there.)

See how the angled ends of the ceiling joists and the angled ends of Pat's clones make up the slope of the mansard roof?
(In case you're wondering, "somewhere between a gob and a shitload" turns out to be 20.  Pat plus 19 of her clones.)

Tomorrow, we'll hang rafters.  So.  Excited.  

6 comments:

  1. LOL I left a hammer on the sill of the upstairs window. I keep forgetting to go upstairs and open the window to get it.

    Porch is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That hammer stayed there until yesterday afternoon, when Marion was looking for it and I pointed up. Haha!

      Delete
  2. This looks awesome. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! I'm really excited about it too!

      Delete
  3. I live in the Catskills in NY. If I was closer I'd come help. And I'm tall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh...jealous of you for living in the Catskills. I need to come visit!

      Delete