Friday, March 28, 2014

Please Pardon Our Progress

Weather, work, and sleep got in the way of the porch demo until today, and weather cut the workday short today, but Dylan made a fair amount of progress on the porch demo.

The "skylight" is much larger now.

So is the pile of debris I need to scoop up and throw away.  

People are starting to drive by slowly and stare...and not in a good way.  In a way that says plainly, "What the hell is she doing now?!" and "Look at that mess!"  I'm giving serious consideration to making one of those COMING SOON signs like at commercial construction sites, or at least a PLEASE PARDON OUR MESS PROGRESS sign, so that folks know the house isn't always going to look so ugly.  


4 comments:

  1. They probably think you had a fire and the firemen chopped a hole in your roof.

    On a side note....I don't Tweet or I would have Tweeted this. Take a tube of Pillsbury cinnamon buns and place 4 buns in a waffle maker. After they have cookd/baked, top with the icing. The little indentations keep the icing from sliding off. I'm now on the lookout for a waffle maker.

    Continue on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should say that, because one of my firefighter friends told Dylan he made an excellent vent hole in the roof. LOL

    Oh my gosh, the cinnamon bun waffles sound delicious! I think there's a waffle maker at one of the thrift stores I go to...definitely buying it so I can make those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My nephew starts his own blog http://homesteadfred.blogspot.com/

    Look at all that work! Oh, to be in my twenties again :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, cool! I'll have to check that out.

      Delete