Thursday, December 5, 2013

To Arms!

Of all my friends, neighbors, family members and assorted townspeople who make appearances in this blog, I'd venture to guess that none is more beloved among my readers than White Trash Bob.  Heck, he has his own fan club and he's been nominated for sainthood, and for good reason.  In the seven years I've lived across the street from him, he's never failed to provide advice, tools, muscle, and encouragement every time I've needed it.  Sometimes even when I didn't know I needed it.  He built my picket fence without once pointing out that I didn't know what the heck I was doing, talked me down off the roof when I was too afraid to climb back down, let me help him tinker around with motorcycles, and made me chicken noodle soup when I was brokenhearted.  In short, he's helped me out of many a jam.

And now White Trash Bob needs some help out of a jam of his own.

Without going into detail and invading the man's privacy, I'll just let you know that WTB has contracted a particularly evil cancer, with a long treatment and an uncertain prognosis.  I'm sure, although I haven't talked to him about it, that he's royally pissed off about the whole situation.  

So rally round, WTB Fan Club members!  To arms!  If y'all are the praying type, could you send a few up for Bob?  If you're otherwise inclined, please send WTB love and light and positive energy or whatever you believe might help the man.  I'm sure he'd appreciate it, and the elegant and erstwhile Mrs. WTB would appreciate it even more. 

Thanks, y'all. 

12 comments:

  1. I wondered why WTB wasn't around much this summer and fall. It's weird that I haven't a clue what he looks like or sounds like but I feel like I know him because of your blog.

    I'm sending prayers and good vibes for WTB. Somehow I get the feeling that WTB will be alright. Men like WTB don't give up even when the going gets tough.

    Give em hell.....WTB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Jan said. Give 'em hell, WTB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTB
    you are on my list. prayers said. and all the power to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My best thoughts.

    Even the most scary cancers can have good outcomes, despite what I used to think before I learned more. I know two people who have gone through years of fighting and come out okay on the other end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone. I'm hoping for the best for him. Knowing WTB, he will indeed give 'em hell!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What WTB needs, WTB gets. Good neighbors deserve good thoughts for healing and health.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lord Jesus, have mercy on your servant Bob; strengthen, encourage, and heal him; support him and Mrs. WTB and Jayne and all his friends as they go through this battle together, and bring him again to wholeness, health, and generous service; for your name's sake, amen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a Charter member of the WTB Fan Club, sending every bit of love and light imaginable. He's the kind of guy that I'm sure would do it for me and he knows me even less than I know him. :-) Seriously angers me that these always be the kind of folks who get tortured in this way. Why aren't serial killers stricken this way?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you pretty near healed? I've lost tracks of how many weeks.

    ReplyDelete