Saturday, September 7, 2013

One Day's Work

This.

This is one day's work.

Oh, I know it doesn't look like one day's work, but it is.

That pale blue ceiling, now not streaky.
The crisp white trim around the door.
The black sash around the transom window.
A second coat of paint on everything pale gray.
One piece of trim painted, there on the right.

Please excuse the half-dead geranium.
She had nothing to do with this.
And pay no mind to those paint cans huddled together.
They'll only be there a little while until they're put to work again.

One day's work.
This is what happens when I sleep until noon.


16 comments:

  1. Looking fabulous!

    We will work inside today because it's raining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish it'd rain here. We badly need it.

      Delete
  2. Oh, your door looks so warm and inviting. I love the blue ceiling! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been told painting a ceiling light blue discourages bees,wasps, and birds from building nests where we don't want them... good choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it does. I had to chip away three mud dawber nests before I could paint the ceiling. Ick.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. I think it's the best part of the house. I need to get some Feed & Wax on it before winter to help it look nicer and be a bit protected.

      Delete
  5. I would be very pleased if I got that much stuff done in a day. Painting trim takes me forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I detest painting trim. I have baseboards and trim in my house that still aren't done, four years later. The only reason this got done is because it's on the front of the house. :)

      Delete
  6. It looks fantastic. That door makes the whole house, I reckon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! I think so, too. It really did make a big difference, taking that ugly storm door off.

      Delete
  7. This is so funny. I just finished my door and took a pic to put up. Your door is way more gorgeous!!! I also have a geranium in similar condition! Must be the end of summer gotta get it done list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Andrea! I'm glad someone else's geranium looks as bad as mine. I have a LOT on my end of summer gotta get it done list, how 'bout you??

      Delete