Saturday, July 20, 2013

A Sittin' Place

Ever since I got my new patio, I've wanted to get some patio furniture so I'd have a nice place to sit.  As with any decision where I have to spend more than about 75 bucks, I agonized over it and comparison shopped and found one thing and another that wasn't quite right.  A couple of months ago I found the perfect patio set, but it was waayy out of my budget.  So I waited, and made do with the blue plastic chairs on the little part of the patio.

And then that patio set went on sale for 50% off.  So I bought it!

It looks kinda nice from this angle.

Not so much from this one, with that icky wall in the background.

I really, really need to get crackalackin on the house....
but at least I have a nice sittin' place.


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I've got an odd assortment of patio furniture that I never sit down in (too busy I guess). Once I get the screen porch shaped up I'm hoping to tie it all together with matching cushions, etc. There'll be a summer somewhere in the future where it's just me, Arnold Palmers, and good books, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping for a summer with just me, Arnold Palmers, and good books on the porch, too, Laura. Someday...

      Delete
  2. I've been wondering about the management of cushions on outdoor furniture, since if I ever figure out how to provide some shade I was thinking of getting some.

    Do they just get rained on and dry off? Or do you have to actually do something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For now, I take my cushions indoors if I'm not going to be home much or if it looks like rain. The fabric on them looks like regular upholstery fabric. I wish it was Sunbrella. I might re-cover the cushions with Sunbrella once this fabric gets ratty. I'm going to buy some furniture covers soon so I don't have to keep dragging all those cushions in and out of the house. Also, these cushions are so thick that I think they'd take days and days to dry if they got rained on. My mom has thinner cushions on her patio furniture which look tufted, but the "button" is really a little drain vent and hers dry out quickly so she leaves them out. I'm not sure where she bought them, maybe Plow & Hearth.

      Delete
  3. Ooo I like that... Need me some patio furniture baddddddddddddd!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish I'd bought some before now. It does make a nice place to sit.

      Delete