Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Twins

I think I might have accidentally started a trend with the matchy-matchy flowerpots on my front porch.

Because now I have two matchy-matchy tables.

Really, there are two of them.  I considered taking a photo of both of them together, but then I thought, "Hey, they look exactly alike, so what's the point of that?"  Besides, I'd already put them at opposite ends of the sofa and I'm lazy.

I'm seriously in love with these tables.  Those curved legs, that flowery trim, the glass knob, the storage space.  Love them.

When I bought them I thought they'd make good end tables for the front parlor, but now that they're on each end of the sofa I think they look like bedside tables.

Which got me thinking...maybe they should indeed become bedside tables.  Eventually.  If and when I move my bed into a room that has enough wall space for two bedside tables.




8 comments:

  1. Those glass knobs bring back memories of the doorknobs in my previous, 1920s house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look like smaller versions of the doorknobs I bought on eBay. I love glass knobs.

      Delete
  2. Lovely! It does indeed look like a bedside table. What's the inside of the lower compartment like? If it's lined with galvanized tin, it's definitely a nightstand. That's where you stuck your chamber pot till morning! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never heard of that before. Kinda icky, isn't it? lol The inside is just wood.

      Delete
    2. Not as icky as just sticking it under your bed with or without a lid, I think. ;-)

      My mom has one or two of the lined nightstands. Not sure where she got it/them. Not family heirlooms.

      Delete
  3. Oh, yes-- Did you get them there in Lexington? Back in the '60s when I was a kid there was a really great antiques/junk store there. That's where we got our curved-glass china cabinet, and the nice man who owned it gave me or sold me for very cheap a tin that once held Barton's Almond Kisses, with a 1920s French street scene on it. I still have it here in my study.

    Pleasant memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darnit, I should've mentioned where I got them and given a little shout-out to the shop. I bought them at Silver Fox Antiques in Odessa. Great shop.

      Do you remember the name of the store in Lexington?? That's really neat that you still have the tin you got there.

      Delete
    2. No, but my mom might remember. If I remember to ask her!

      Delete