Saturday, February 9, 2013

Still A Wreck

Note the miter box on the floor, the loose
piece of ceiling paper, and Gracie
about to leap.
The laundry room is still a wreck, as you can see.  At least now it's a newly-painted wreck with new window shades.  The paint is Valspar's Sparkling Sage.  (On the walls; it's Luna on the ceiling.)  The shades are Emmie roll-up shades from Ikea.  I feel like I've gone through some sort of rite of passage because I now own something from Ikea.  (Even though I actually bought the shades on eBay because they're not sold on Ikea's website and the closest store to me is like 7 hours away.) I also cut and mitered three pieces of trim and put them up. There are three more pieces left to do.  You can't rush these things, you know.  I decided what color I'm going to paint the floor and I bought the paint.  Not that I've started painting, or even opened the can, but it's there if the mood strikes me.  In related news, I think I was a bear in a past life, or some other animal that hibernates, because come January and February I want to do nothing but sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Me too, about the sleeping. I can't seem to muster the energy to do the important projects on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand about sleeping away January and February. To be honest with you I think I have enough fat stored that I could probably do it!

    We've been working on a rental property this winter and this house has an antique brass and crystal light fixture in the dining room. Are you still looking for a light fixture for your dining room? This house is an small Victorian and the fixture is very ornate. I can send pictures if you think you might be interested.

    ReplyDelete