Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hello, Gorgeous!

Check out the floor my good friend Joey and his daughter Alicia just installed in a customer's new house.  I am drooling over the sheer gorgeousness of this floor.
Gorgeous...just gorgeous.  Did I say "gorgeous" already?  Yowza, what a floor.

I don't even want to think about the math involved in planning out that pattern.  Alicia figured it out.

A closeup of the pattern.  That's red oak, walnut, cherry and Brazilian tiger wood.
Gotta give Joe and his family a shout-out:  If you're anywhere near the Kansas City area and want or need some floors, give Burkhart Hardwood Floor Company a call at 660-259-3204. 

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, indeed! Isn't it gratifying to know such craftsmanship still exists, right in greater Kansas City? That floor's so three-dimensional, I'd be loth to walk on it barefoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, after I posted these pics, Joey said they don't do the floor justice--that when you walk from one side of the room to the other, the pattern changes. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last thing on my to do list is the floors, so they don't get damaged while I'm painting and so on. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It reminds me of a quilt pattern called tumbling blocks.

    That floor is stunning, and a real piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, I agree Karen Anne. Our floors will be the last thing we do. I wonder when that will be???

    Love that floor but then again I would just love a floor that didn't have dust on it.

    ReplyDelete