Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Almost Done Foyer

I didn't finish wallpapering the foyer on my days off...but it's 3 a.m. Wednesday morning and my right knee is starting to sound like bubble wrap when I go up and down the ladder, which is a pretty good indicator that I need to stop now.  All of the trim is finally cream-colored and shiny instead of grayish-white and nicked, even the window trim that had about a dozen nail holes in it.

I'm almost done, though.  If I had just one more night off--or if I'd stayed home for a bit more of the nights off I just had--I'd be done already.  It's hard to tell from that photo how much I have left to do, so let me teach you a little firefighting lingo.  The front of a structure (house) is called the A side, the left (as you stand in front of the house, facing it) is the B side, the rear is the C side, and the right is the D side.  This photo shows the C/D corner of the foyer.  I'm about a third of the way along the D side.  So, all that's left is the rest of the D side (some of which is taken up by that window) and a little bit of the A side above the door.  See?  Almost done.

And by the way, the bird was evicted on Tuesday afternoon.  I put on a baseball cap and carried a broom, but the bird was out doing whatever birds do when I took the wreath off the front door.  Sorry, little bird, you'll have to find another warm place to sit for the rest of the winter.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love your choice of paper, it makes your woodwork pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAVE to come over just so I can see that wallpaper in person. LOVE IT!

    BTW, my Mother asked me to tell you that you really need to prepare a "pee before you read" notice on some of your posts. Holding the cat up to the window nearly did her in. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine, Your MOM reads my blog?! Tell her I'm sorry for using bad language in the post about the bird. I want her to like me and all, just in case I meet your brother...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, apparently she does. No need to worry about the language, trust me. Her sense of humor is every bit as good as yours and mine.

    ReplyDelete