Wednesday, May 19, 2010

At Last

At last, yellow paint on the back of the house!
Sorry I didn't get this photo posted Tuesday like I promised and so to make it up to you, a bonus photo taken from the other side of the yard.
 And, a photo of something odd:
Can you see it, the little drawing of a house?  I have no idea what the heck it is, but I just had to take a photo before I painted over it.  White Trash Bob and I found it last fall when we were taking off shingles.  WTB's theory is that it's a diagram:  "Looky here, now this is how we're gonna screw up the house."  I don't get it. 

And so it's back to work for me tonight, and no more paint until Saturday at least.  Sigh.

7 comments:

  1. (clap, clap, clap, the crowd slowly stands to cheer her on the final leg of her journey)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has got to feel good! It is looking great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. L-o-o-o-o-k-ing Good! (as said by Freddie Prinz)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the yellow. Have you picked out trim and accent colors? Are you going to use haint blue on your porch ceilings?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Richard! The yellow is Valspar Redstone Dining Room Gold. The wide trim boards at the top of the house and the smaller trim boards on the corners will be dark green (Valspar City Arboretum), the other trim will be cream (Valspar Filoli gold Ecru) and the window sashes will be black (Valspar Lincoln Cottage Black). On the front & sides of the house is some other trim under the eaves that's painted a lighter green, but I can't recall the name of it. And yes, the porch ceilings will painted haint blue. :) The side porch is DutchBoy Blue Envelope already and the front porch ceiling will be the same color after I fix a leak in the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, didn't realize you were using Valspar. Is it the Duramax? Love that stuff!

    ANd on a sidenote, my word verification was "eatused"! EWWWWWWW!!

    ReplyDelete