Sunday, March 7, 2010

A List Has Been Made

I don't mean to alarm anyone, but a list has been made.  I, who hate making to-do lists, have just finished one.  It wasn't too painful, this writing down of what I hope to accomplish in the next two or three days.  But don't think to-do lists are gonna become a habit around here.  I am still a fly-by-the-of-my pants kind of girl.  And the list is not very extensive, which may be why it hurt less to write it. 

Here it is:

1.  Paint the trim around two front parlor doors.

2.  Re-hang transom hardware on both doors.

3.  Fill in gaps and holes in recently-hung door.

4.  Fill in gouge (caused by the ladder incident) in dining room door.

5.  Paint dining room door and front parlor door.

It's not a very ambitious list, either, is it?  But I knew if I posted it here, then I'd have to own up to finishing or not finishing it, so I aimed low. 

5 comments:

  1. I make lists all the time...I think I'm attention deficit or something because I easily get sidetracked. Lists keep me on tract...focused....I have 3 post-it notes in front of me right now! Gosh, my brain hurts thinking where I'd be without them! Can't imagine that....;D

    ....lol, my word identification is,
    nowur...I wish I had "nowur" to go today...I'd love to spend a day at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I'm NOT holding you to it! I've had 1 thing on my to-do list since Thursday night & it's STILL not done because my water heater decided to die & I've spent the last 3 days trying to get that done. I'm going back to only having a grocery list.

    Had to laugh at Milah's word identification. Mine was reptini - would that be a martini for reptiles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got back on here to read Kate's comment and the word verification is ` "windyme"! Oh, it's gonna be a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so many lists that I need a list of my lists.

    I can't function without lists. I don't know if it is because I am disorganized, have too many things going at one time, or I like the feeling when I cross something off the list. It's probably all those things.

    How's your wrist?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better to aim low than to shoot into the air.

    ReplyDelete