Sunday, January 17, 2010

Today

Today I ...

went to Wal-Mart, which I never, but never, do on a Sunday morning, and now I remember why...

called the antique mall and...

brought this very cool 1950-something RCA Victor console box home with me...


and put my stuff inside it while it was being thoroughly inspected by two of the kitties.  (The tv that's in there is temporary; my bigger tv is too large to fit inside there.) 

And after that...

I replaced this thermostat...

with this one, which is programmable so I don't have to worry anymore when I'm at work that I forgot to turn the heat down, and which will make the house nice and warm when I'm awake and a little less nice and warm while I'm sleeping, all without my doing a thing...

And then,

I tore out two more strips of pee-pee carpet, which I carefully measured to be sure they were short enough to meet the trash company's exacting standards...

And after that...

I rearranged the furniture in the front parlor.  Under the watchful eye of Louis, of course. 

And tomorrow...
Tomorrow Mare is coming over and we'll work on the doors.

But tonight...
Tonight I am taking a nice long shower and then snuggling with the kitties.

8 comments:

  1. Cool cabinet.

    I like my programmable stat because it seems to keep the temperature at a constant instead of the old round Honeywell I had that over heated and then would not come on until it was too cool.

    Sounds like you were a woman on a mission today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What on earth has gotten into you and Milah? You girls are making me look like a slacker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy guacamole, girl! You were on quite the roll today. Hoping I can get on one tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about a programmable thermostat. I would be interested to know the model/brand you have if it works okay.

    Years go the very old thermostat in my old house was replaced after it broke, and the new one was pretty annoying - it had too wide a range before it would go on and off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan, That's a big part of the reason why I got this one. It does seem to keep the house at a more constant temperature.

    Christine, Next week I'll probably have only 2 days off, so I have to work extra-hard this week.

    Karen Anne, It's a Honeywell and it's Energy Star certified. So far, so good. I like this one because it has some sort of technology that recognizes how long it takes the furnace to actually reach the temp you've set, so it kicks in before the house gets too cool. When I googled them, Energy Star claims you can save about $180 a year with a programmable thermostat. Pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last night I ran into Walmart at
    9 PM, there was hardly anyone in there. It was nice!

    Love the cabinet, reminds me of a piece my grandmother had.

    So Mare's coming over today....your next post should be interesting! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you and the kitties were able to kiss and make up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If all that was done in one day, I can't wait to see what the final tally is after the four days is over. You go girl!

    BTW, thanks for the kick in the pants I needed to get off my butt & get some things done around here also!

    ReplyDelete