Saturday, January 16, 2010

Four Days Off

In just a few short hours I will be at the brink of four days off.  Well, actually, it'll most likely be a few long and boring hours, but I'm trying to be more positive.  And, as my friend-like-a-brother John consistently points out to me, "You work nights, hun.  It's nights off."  Okay, John, okay.  Four nights off.  Anyhoo, I have nowhere to be but home until Wednesday night.  Ahhhh....  Even though this happens every other week, I still feel like a little kid on the last day of school.  Antsy.  Full of plans.  Ready to run out into the parking lot at the stroke of 7 a.m. and yell "Wahoo!"  (Quick, name the movie which contains the line "When was the last time you said Wahoo?")

I have just a couple of teeny things that I could work on in the next four days.  (Or nights.)  I could paint the trim in the dining room, or put more of the wallpaper up in there, or tear out some swaths of pee-pee carpet, or paint the trim in the second parlor, or paint the second parlor.  Or, if the weather's decent, I could go to the flea market in search of an armchair for the second parlor.  With a phone call, I can find out if the antique mall still has that cool console tv box that I wish I'd bought before the big snowstorm hit and prevented me from going back to buy it.  If it's still there, almost a month later, then I am meant to have it.  That baby's comin home with me this weekend...unless someone else already scooped it up.

Expect progress—and photos—over the next few days.  Wahoo!

6 comments:

  1. Have fun! I have no idea where the quote came from although it rings a bell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could even retrieve your stock pot :-)the

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the console TV box is still there! Enjoy your 4-day time off (I cheated and didn't say day or night :-)). OK -- you've got to tell us the name of the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The movie is I.Q. Meg Ryan plays the very serious niece of Albert Einstein (played by Walter Matthau) and Tim Robbins plays a mechanic who pretends to be a physicist to get Meg to notice him. Tim Robbins' character asks Meg Ryan's character "When was the last time *you* said Wahoo?" in a scene where she's appalled that he took Albert Einstein riding on a motorcycle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that movie eons ago & didn't remember it at all!

    ReplyDelete