Okay, so I bravely announced that The Kelly House projects are moving indoors for the season...and then I left you hanging. While the outside of my house looks pretty nice now, the inside is a disaster. An unqualified disaster. I offer photographic proof.
Glue-encrusted floors. Under the baby blue wool carpet that was pee-scented and stained, I found a thick rotted foam pad. And under that, a 1970s-era carpet of gold, avocado green and brown. Ick. And it was stapled to the floor. Under that, I found a pad that had turned to black clay and had to be removed with a putty knife. And under that, I found...the glue-encrusted floors. The floors in the entryway, front parlor, and dining room look like this. Yuck. I'm thinking this is not a DIY project. My Christmas bonus at work will go towards getting rid of all this yuck.