Monday, July 14, 2008

While You Were Sleeping



Well while I was sleeping, anyway.... Look what my mom got done! A big shingle-free zone on the back half of the west wall. She's a sneaky little lady, coming over while I was asleep so I wouldn't follow her around with the camera. When I woke up this afternoon, I pulled some shingles off, too, but my mom has me beat today.

I found this thing in the shed and I have no idea what it is. It's about the same size as a set of pliers and the curved ends have texture on the inside edges of them as if they're used to grip something. Poll of the neighbors has them shaking their heads, too. Anybody know what it is?

2 comments:

  1. Kudos to mom! Nice going.

    Don't know about those pliers. Early cable strippers? Something to keep a grip on horseshoes for a blacksmith?

    Only guesses I got right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could the pliers be used to pull out something round and probably wooden by the looks of the knurling on the jaws.

    Hey maybe they used that to pull out the wooden tap on a barrel of wine or the wooden plug!!!!! Maybe the people who lived in your house....were bootleggers.

    Even more reason to drink a glass of wine!!!!! Here's to the bootleggers!!!!

    ReplyDelete